Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Well, Go On...

So, it is 10:45 pm on a Tuesday night, and I have class at 8 am tomorrow. Normally I try not to stay up late when I know I have to be up early, but God is urging me to write. I'm not sure where this is going, but I feel like God's words are calling me more than my bed is... This is what God is saying to me, "Well, go on."

It has been a while since I have shown my face here. Since the last time I wrote, I have moved into an apartment that the Mr. and I will share after the wedding, I have started my Junior year of college, the Mr. and I have combined our bank accounts, and I have started paying BILLS! And I have started a BUDGET!

*Gasp* Adult things!

Do you ever feel like time just slips by? You go to sleep Monday night, thankful that the first day of the week is over, and you wake up and it's Friday morning. That has been happening a lot for me lately. I feel like I just moved in, and I feel like I just started class... But really I've already paid my second months rent, and I am half way done with my 8 week online classes. I am a quarter of the way done with this semester. Which means in just a few short months I will be out for the summer and I will be married...

I'm 20 years old and I can barely remember what happened yesterday because it went by so fast... My name is Symone Hurd (soon to be Symone Nichols) and I struggle with being still. This is something I talk about often in my writings, the need to be still. The need to just sit down and let God take care of me right where I am, rather than running away from a moment.

We grow up too fast... Now, do not get me wrong, I am VERY excited and VERY blessed to be right where I am, but it was just yesterday that I was graduating Junior High, and meeting the man I would marry, and graduating from High School, and starting college.

Why do we let life drive right past us?

I feel a verse coming on!!

In the College Bible study I attend with some of my nearest, and dearest friends, we have been studying in the book of Luke. I feel as if this is the book I need to be studying right now. There is a desire and a longing in me to draw closer to God, and when I hear what He has to say through Luke, it hits home.


“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.
~Luke 7: 20-23~

Blessed am I, for the Lord restores me and blesses me. I will serve Him all the days of my life, because of the promise He gives me. Things might be hard now, but they will get better. I may be consumed in school work, and work, and wedding planning, but the day will come when He will give me peace. I am a daughter of the Messiah. To Him, time is nothing. I know that He has me right where He wants me, and there are people in my life that are here for a purpose. 

I am content with the place that God is holding me in right now. Time may fly by, but with every passing minute, and hour, and day, and month, I am getting closer to that kingdom, and that satisfaction, and that laughter, and that rejoicing.

1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
~Ecclesiastes 3:1~

He is creating me, and forming me. I am His pottery. I am His Work in Progress.

Blessed Are We,
Symone

No comments:

Post a Comment