Monday, December 24, 2012

Strength in Weakness ~ Merry Christmas

I am feeling so overwhelmed and grateful for the love and mercy my Savior offers... I have been rude, self absorbed, ungraceful, and to be blunt, I haven't been what you would call a "Christian." I have hurt peoples feelings, I have said the wrong thing at the wrong time out of frustration, I have been impatient, I have been unmerciful... And it's Christmas... Why haven't I been cheerful, and polite, rather than all of this?

Do you really want to know? I could tell you my secret... But that would mean being really, REAL.

Ok, here it is... I... AM... NOT... PERFECT!

There! I said it!... Shocker right? Yeah right. (Insert eye roll)

Gosh, I am so imperfect... I am human... I am weak...

But there is so much glory to be found in weakness...

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~2 Corinthians 12:9-10

God promised me that His grace and His power was all I would need. When I stand in front of Him and I confess that I was wrong, that I had a moment of weakness, that I hurt somebody with my words or actions... His grace is sufficient.

I can confirm that I have done all of the previously mentioned things... It hurts, but I have.

Want names? Because I can give you specific names of the people whose hearts I know I have broken: God, Dylan, Mom, Tyler, Logan, Marena, Sami, Erin, Ellen, Nick... Trust me the list goes on...

If I didn't mention you, but you are someone I have disappointed or let down or been rude to, I am so so sorry...

I almost wish I could wake up tomorrow and say I had a perfect year. But I can't. Things might be awkward, and there might be tension. But... That is nothing compared to the pain and misery that Christ suffered for me. The reason He was born was so that He could save me from myself... So that someday, I would finally understand that His grace really is enough. I'm not making an excuse for my actions, but I'm reminding you that I'm not perfect. I am so weak... And I'm begging for your forgiveness.

Tomorrow we will open gifts, and eat delicious food, and play games, and watch television, and relax, and enjoy time surrounded by loved ones... But PLEASE don't forget that we are celebrating a birthday...

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord..." ~Luke 2:10-11
 
I can guarantee you that I will have a great time tomorrow doing the above mentioned things. But in the stillness, I can promise you that I am going to praise Him. The one who came to save me from myself... The one whose grace is sufficient... The one who died for me... The only one that can do a mighty work on this Work in Progress.
 
Praying that everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!!
 
Imperfectly Yours,
Symone Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment